Sunday, June 25, 2006

A lil time off

So I'm back at the MPD after taking about a week and a half off to go be a counselor at my church's youth summer camp. It was pretty stinkin' awesome. We saw 5 kids make decisions to accept Christ, one of which was in my small group so it was pretty cool to get to see her excitement about knowing God for the first time!

But yeah it's a lil hard to get back in the groove of support raising. I am doing pretty well though. I guess I should tell ya because it's "to the glory of His name" that I somehow have 54% of my overall support raised. I've been blessed with a few really awesome people in my life this summer who have been more than willing to introduce and even recommend me to a number of their friends so I definitely have some supporters I'd never met until just a few weeks ago. Anyways, hitting the 50% mark was pretty awesome so look forward to that if you're not there yet.

I'm glad Laura mentioned the prayer thing. One thing I got kinda convicted about by my support coach was just to be giving thanks in prayer to God after everything EVEN when people shut you down. So I've been trying hard to do that instead of scowling and freaking out about crossing their names off my list. Although I'm not always faithful to do so. Anyways I gots to go. Persevere kiddos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home