Monday, June 05, 2006

Not too shabby

Hi everyone!

Like Padiak, I was starting to feel like I should really get in here and say something. So here's a quick update on how everything is going for me thus far: I really only started this whole process about 2 weeks ago and had my first week of "appointments" this past week. I say that in quotations because the only real appointments I had were with my family and some close family friends of ours. However, the one appointment that I did have outside of my family was a good one - they came on board at $100/month and gave me $1500 to "get me started" on my special needs costs. Along with a few other sizable one-time contributions, I am now a little over half way to the one-time goal and 1/3 of the way to the monthly support. So, my first week was not too shabby and this week I have 5 appointments set up, so I'm looking forward to those. I've just been amazed at how open people are to talking about it and how willing they are to support me, regardless of the fact that these same people are undoubtedly supporting many other missionaries.

Contrary to some of the cool things I've been able to experience, I wanted to let you know about one of our own that is having a little trouble with support raising. I talked to Nicole Pirano last week, and she is supposed to leave for Traverse City this Friday. However, as of last Thursday, she had around $150-200, leaving her, well, about $2300 short. So... 1) I know most or all of us are doing support raising of our own, but if you are able to support her in any capacity or know of anyone who is able to, talk to them and give me a call or shoot me an email; 2) Pray for her, that she wouldn't become discouraged in this process. Thanks everyone, I hope you all have great weeks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Hey, what's her phone number so we can call her and help her out?

Thanks for the encouragement bro.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home